Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '70 Elky and whenever I turn the parking or headlights on recently, the rear parking lights don't come on but the fronts do. The only way I can get them working is by hooking up the positive clamp of the battery charger to the positive wire junction (license lamp, both side parking lights) in the harness. They then operate as normal until I turn them off by the switch and sometimes they'd come back on but it seems like when it's cold outside they won't. This is a new problem that just started yesterday and they've worked fine before. The taillights/turn signals work fine either way. It seems like they need a lower guage wire or something. Please help.
Also, if anyone knows where I can get original style adjustable air shocks for my Elky and the valve stem that mounts in the tailgate gap with hoses please let me know. I also need some good metal cut off of a donor Elky and if anyone knows a source please help. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 09-22-99).]

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Sounds like corrosion has taken it's toll,

CHECK THE GROUNDS FIRST

Then check for voltage present from the light sockets and "move" towards the switch to see where the trail of electricity ends.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the grounds they're all fine. I will check the rest of the wiring and check to see how that goes and post it.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Shawn
When you checked the grounds, did you disconnect them, clean the metal and the connector and then reconnect? Grounds can cause all kinds of problems even when they look right. BTDT.

------------------
Rick (Abilene Texas)
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.