Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering how some of you guys route your parking brake cable.

Mine center cable is currently routed below my exhaust system (2 1/2 duals) which is not working. I think it should be routed above the exhaust but where it would go there isn't enough clearance in between the H-pipe and the drive shaft.

I do have some diagrams of the internet but they don't work for me.

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hans make sure you have all the little hangars in place and the cable will be routed down the pass and drivers side of the car.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...2cdefface5ca65f0f24b4b5e2f3e4b4bo0&ajaxhist=0
Thanks for the link! I thought I've seen all the different configurations; this one actually makes sense because it looks like the cable crosses in front of the drive shaft and across/above the transmission tail shaft.

I already bought some 3/16" round stock to make guides (may have to upgrade to 1/4" though). My car is currently on jack stands so I will check this weekend.

Hans

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts
You can buy all of the hangers as a kit from most of the restoration supply houses.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I am surprised they still make that stuff.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think one of my issues is that I have a 200R4 transmission in my car. The transmission, as far as I know, is longer than a TH400 which moves the crossmember back.

No matter what, I will get my cable routing done in way so I can use my parking brake. My driveway has an incline and I don't like having all that pressure on the park pawl inside the transmission; not to mention it is hard to get out of PARK.

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
I'm running a 4L80E using a th350 hook and shorter intermediate cable I got at NAPA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts