Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the repro headrests are available,but i hear they are not so good. does anyone know who i might contact to find an original parchment or off-white bucket seat headrest? i posted an ad in the classifieds,but i got no replies.i have also been watching ebay,but nothing so far. i have one in very nice shape,but need a second one to complete the package for a friend,and yes i know one could be dyed to match,but the guy who needs it is very particular and wants the correct color to start with,even if he has to dye it eventually. any leads would really help. thanks, dave

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
.....or do like I did and wait patiently until a set comes up on eBay. Be prepared to pay a good buck for them when they do show up :yes:

The repros do not accept the vinyl dye; they are some kind of different material that the dye does not bond with. I found that out the expen$ive way :sad:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Dave,

I've got parchment repops, but I accidentally ordered them twice--it's a good thing, too, since it took all 4 to get 2 good ones (I've since sold the other "pair" for cheap money). I know Year One carries them, but I'm not sure where I got them. Paul

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Ryan,
I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that all repops are black--they are not. (Y1 is a good example). When I got mine, it was parchment on both sides. Say, what part of MA are you from? Paul

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Sorry Paul, i thought you meant the actual headrest was available not the covers. Did you use covers, if so i would like to see a pic. of how they turned out.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
The bucket seat parchment covers are horrible and you'll never get them to fit right. I bought 2 good original parchment molded bucket head rests, one for 150. and the other was 175. from Canada. They are not that easy to find, if you see any without any cracks on E-bay, grab them. They get good money because you can't buy new parchment bucket head rests.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Thanks for the information, i have often wondered why they don't reproduce this item correctly and in all colors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts