Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you ordered a black body for a chevelle in 1969 and also ordered the parchment bucket interior what color would the headliner, sail panels, visors,package tray and front pillar moldings be. It just ocurred to me that it seems to be a mix and match as to what you received as i,ve seen black or parchment.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The "Chevelle SS Restoration Guide" shows it to have black carpet and a parchment headliner (and assumingly visors, sail panels, pillar mouldings etc.).

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a 1969 SS with parchment interior. The headliner, sail panals, front pillar covers, door panels, visors and seatcovers are parchment. The carpet, kick panels and rear package tray is black.

[This message has been edited by Terry (edited 02-16-99).]

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 69 SS396 and mine has black pillar post but mine are not covered they are metal and painted black. The seat belts and shoulder belts are black and so is the package tray and carpet. The welting around the windows is parchment and so is the cover on the mirror bracket. The headliner,seats and door panels,sailpanels and visors are also parchment. I have some pictures I can e-mail to you if you would like. They are of my cars interior in the original condtion before I removed everything for paint.

------------------
CRUISER

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I know we're kinda talking apples and oranges here, but I'll put in my two cents worth. Some of the trim MIGHT be different if it's a convertible. My wife's 69 Impala convertible has the parchment interior, and the seats, door panels, rear interior trim panels, and top boot are parchment. Carpet, seat belts, front kick panels, windshield pillar trim, dashboard, and sun visors are black. (As an aside, the parchment interior is great in a convertible; you can jump in on a blistering hot day and not burn your legs, since white reflects heat.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.