Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help please. My 69 Interior project has hit a snag. I received my complete PUI interior but no one has a headliner in Parchment. I contacted all the usual suspects, from our site sponsor Ground-up to all the other major suppliers - and some not so major. When I ordered a headliner everyone said it was no problem, now no one has it. Still waiting to hear from OPG as they list one for the El Camino but not the Coupe. I have an e-mail into them but no answer yet.
Anyone know some other "rocks" I can turn over. I would hate abandon the project at this point. I think it will really set off my 69.
Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of doing the same thing. This is my 1 st '69 I;ve owned. I was under the assumption that the headliner & package tray for "Parchment" cars were black like the carpet. Is this not true? I can't find a matching package tray either, can you? What color is the metal glove-box? Is that body color? Was the dash black in "parchment" cars or not? Thanks, just trying to get my facts straight.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been told that the package tray, dash and carpet are all black but the A pillars, sailpanels and headliner are parchment along with the seats door panels of course. I also saw one picture of the 69 coupe that showed a light color headliner. It was a black and white photo but was supposed to be a parchement interior of a car the fellow perviosusly owned.
So I am still chasing the headliner.

·
Registered
133 Posts
About seven years ago I finished restoring a 69SS that had parchment interior. The dash plastic, metal, and pad were black along with the carpet, console, seatbelts, and package tray. Everything else was parchment and it looked great. I sold the car to buy a newer truck. Still kinda wished I kept it.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Bill,
My car is also a '69 w, parchment interior. As others have said, dash,package tray, glove box door,etc. are black. Headliner, sail panels, pillar covers are "white", not really parchment. I got my interior stuff from Year One as a "kit" and it included the headliner, visors, sails, etc.The seatcovers themselves have almost a "pearl" look to them while the rest of the interior looks more "white", esp. the headliner and visors. Once it is all done, it looks great!
My car is a dark blue and that "white" interior really sets it off. I get lots of compliments about it. Good luck with yours!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Now I am confused and relieved at the same time. If it is white I can make that work as I have everything else in parchment, including the headliner wind lace would you believe. Ausley, which was suggested above says they have it in "Off White." Not sure what that means but it might be a match. Anyway I asked if they have a sample they can send me. I would hate to make a mistake at this point.
By the way Duke, mine is Lemans blue and I am really hoping the change will set mine off as well. It is all stock and currently with the original black interior but it just does not draw your attention to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts