Team Chevelle banner

Paint or replace Dash

829 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ALASKA67SS 
#1 ·
I have an ugly brown interior in my 67 SS with a dash to match. How much work is it to paint the dash? I would be going for a black interior with everything to match. Is it worth it to repaint the dash, console, etc...? I am considering customizing the dash and not sure if it would be easier to work from the current dash or go with a replacement that is black. Any suggestions?

------------------
Dan Werkmeister
"Stored away for 8 months, a holy terror for 4."

#2 ·
I've heard of a lot of people that have had good luck with using that black dye. I''d say try doing it yourself.

------------------
Trever Maas
TC Member #: 1432

1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO

1948 Chrysler Windsor
Flathead 6/Semi-Auto
4 Speed Column Shift
Fluid Drive Transmission

"Both Undergoing Slow Restorations"

#3 ·
Absolutely do it yourself ! What's the worst that could happen - you'd have to buy replacement parts?
If you do a search, you'll see that most people have had good luck with SEM products (I get mine from Eastwood http://www.eastwoodco.com )

Best advice is to clean everything well and use the right prep products - there are different ones for plastic and vinyl.

------------------
Ed
'68 El Camino (Current Project)
'66 Caddy Conv (Cruiser)
'87 Vette Conv (Daily Driver)

#4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 68Elkie:
Absolutely do it yourself !

Best advice is to clean everything well and use the right prep products - there are different ones for plastic and vinyl.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Advice!

------------------
Trever Maas
TC Member #: 1432

1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO

1948 Chrysler Windsor
Flathead 6/Semi-Auto
4 Speed Column Shift
Fluid Drive Transmission

"Both Undergoing Slow Restorations"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.