Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 Malibu will soon go into the body shop for new paint, including the interior metal parts, such as the dash, steering column, pillars, and tops of doors. Were these parts originally painted body color or interior color? My interior is black, but a previous owner painted these parts body color, which is not the original color. Would it look better to have these metal parts black like the rest of the interior, or painted to match the body color? It's easy to find photos of exteriors, but not so easy to find pictures of interiors to get ideas on different colors.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The parts you listed should be interior color, black. Make sure you use a semi-gloss paint, the glare from a gloss paint will drive you crazy.

Ken

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
66Malibu - I like the original look. My interior is all black. Will send you pics.

------------------
67 Malibu Convertible, 2nd Owner since '78
Bonner Springs, KS
A.C.E.S # 4806
N.C.O.A # 5322
67 Malibu Convertible

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Here is a link to a site with a body color interior. Gold 67 Malibu interior

Hope this helps with your decision.

------------------
67 Malibu Convertible, 2nd Owner since '78
Bonner Springs, KS
A.C.E.S # 4806
N.C.O.A # 5322
67 Malibu Convertible

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ragtop,
Wow! You answered my post exactly two years to the day after I posted this! But thanks for the reply. The sad part is, I STILL haven't painted the dash!
To my credit, though, I have done alot of things to the car in the meantime that I don't think I was planning on when I wrote that post, such as: engine and trans rebuild, suspension and frame restoration, and lots more. I do have the dash in primer and I've restored the dash wiring harness and speedo. The next thing on my to-do list is to paint the dash. I'm going with Krylon semi flat black, as others here have suggested to do.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts