Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the sad conclusion that the completely hacked wiring under my dash has to go. I've considered these "Painless wiring" harnesses as an option. Does anybody have experience with these? Are they really as easy to install as they suggest? I'm not electrically savvy by any means, so I have my doubts. I've also got alot of 12V accessories in my vehicle (choke, gauges, electrical fan, etc) - do these have more connections for them? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Never worked with a Painless harness, but their switch panels are nice. I helped a friend install a Ron Francis harness and that's a real nice setup. The wires are labeled along their length and color coded.

------------------
It's a BIGGER block!

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Go to wire-works.com

You may also want to talk to Mark at MAD Enterprises @559-539-7128. He is very knowledgeable on anything "Electrical".

At this stage, you may want to upgrade your entire electrical system, and never have to "Worry or Wonder" about it again.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Team Members Forever #341

Richard, Judy, MAXX2

'69 Elke (Frame Off); GM HO 350/330-Mildly Ported Vortec Heads-Manley Severe Duty SS 2.02/1.60 Valves, Comp Cams Full Roller Package (Magnum)-Custom Grind CS 3315/3316 HR112-.510/.520 Lift, Edelbrock Air-Gap W/750 Performer Manual Choke-Performer 100 HP NOS, March Pulleys, 4L60 (Non Computer) W/Lokar Shifter, 12 Bolt Posi.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I think that most here would advise you to try M&H wiring harness', they are made with factory connections and they will do some custom work, their address is www.wiringharness.com Give them a try.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I put an "Painless" 18 circuit harness in my chevelle and it isn't "painless" but it is doable even with no electrical experience. Unless you are going to do very significnat electrical mods it would be easier to use a "Chevelle" harness. I went with "Painless" as I have a one wire alternator, Vintage Air A/C, 250 GPH electric fuel pump, 1300 watt sound system, front brake line lock, 2004R tranny with a manual switched lockup, 30 amp sub panel in the trunk for the fuel pump, additional interior lights, MSD distributor and electronic engine controls, power drivers seat, and a 3rd rear brake light.

I had no electrical experience before installing the Painless harness and all the electronic changes.

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...

68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts