Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the add-ons clogging up my 35+ year old fuse box, I've decided to try a Painless wiring Cirkit auxiliary fuse block. It's getting scarry with a 20amp fuse holder now containing a 30amp fuse with 3 additional accessories plugged onto the Ign Fused spade. I'll be able to safely offload the electric fuel pump, A/C circuit, sound system the electric windows.

The Painless fuse block has 3 constant hot and 4 ignition hot circuits protected by a circuit breaker and is activated by a 30 amp relay.

Anyone ever have any experience with these setups?

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
It sounds like a nice setup. I wish I would have known about them when I did some of my rewiring. I did some thing similar though, I got a fuseblock at the parts store. The one I got has 8 circuits, and they are all constant hot though. I mounted it on the firewall next to the msd box. I ran an 8 ga wire to feed it, and it is a convienet place to draw power for fuel pump, elec fans, MSD, and linelock.

The painless setup sounds even better yet (switched and unswitched), I think you'll really appreciate the extra power taps, especially underhood. Makes for less wires to fish through the firewall.......'

chris

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Dale,
I just put one in my '72, I don't expect to have any problems with it. I have my fuel pump, VDO gauges, electic choke, alarm system, radio and 700R4 lock-up wired to it. You are on the right track to unload the accessories from the original fuse panel. If you haven't done so already, you should put your headlights on two seperate relays (one high beam, one low beam) and use the feed from the headlight switch as the low current control for the relays.

------------------
Bob Walton
MCC #386
ACES #3158
Team Chevelle Gold #221

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have one for my 250 GPH fuel pump and relays to the 1300 Watt stereo system. They are a quality piece as is all of their stuff. Their tech support is awesome taking me from NO wiring experience at all through rewiring the entire Chevelle with their 18 circuit system. They spent about 10 hours in tech time basically teaching me to wire a car.

------------------
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...

68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28, less than 14,000 miles on it!

Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over time with one thing leading to another the old fuse box is embarassing as well as getting dangerous. I didn't realize how crusty/rusty it was until I took the picture and saw it up close.

Immedidate plans are to unload these extra circuits from the fuse box then a complete rewire over the fall/winter months.

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the painless 12 circuit. Looks and works great.

------------------
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."

67 Chevelle
396/.0040 over
Edelbrock 750
T-400
200 shot
3.73's
01'F-250 Superduty 4x4
01'Grand Cherokee
91'1500 GMC
75'Female, with set of aftermarket headlights
2002 HARLEY SUPERCREW with eaton supercharger(wifes vehicle)

www.geocities.com/shannont802002

1 - 6 of 6 Posts