Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a new stereo, extra gauges, and the fact that it's 38 years old, I was considering re-wiring my 66 with a kit from Painless Wiring. The kit is reasonable in price and just not having to deal with off and on problems anymore seems to be well worth it. They say that there are detailed instructions, but then again, this kit is generic and not specifically made for this car (or any Chevelle for that matter). Has anyone had experience doing this before? Any things to look out for and what you would recommend? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
13,557 Posts
M&H seems to be the preferred supplier to most on this site, they are Plug and Play and have all the correct connectors too. They will do some custom work, check them out and see if they will do what you want. www.wiringharness.com is the website addy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I used Painless wiring harness kit and had no problem installing it. I have no automotive electrical background whatsoever. All wires are labeled to where it's going. I highly recommend their harness kit. Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses, and that other site you mentioned at least gives me something else to compare to. Thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I recommend M&H they did some custom work for me for my 1964. They added HEI dist, Mini starter, and Electric choke.

I just got a Yearwood catalog in the mail. They sell a universal instrument harness for $60.00. I made mine when I add all new monster gauges from Autometer; plus a Volt, Water & Temp gauges.

I wish I had known about this harness earlier it's worth the money.

·
Registered
443 Posts
M & H yes! I redid my Camaro convertible with their stuff. All the connectors, clips, retainers, everything was spot on. They custom built my engine harness for an internal voltage regulator, and HEI distributor for like $10 more than stock...well worth it. I'm getting ready to call them about my el Camino. Good luck.

Skip :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts