Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of painless wire harness for their 67? Or would you recommend a stock replacemt from someone like year one? Thanks Chris

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I have not used a painless harness. Others that visit TC have and from what I understand are happy with it. I know Painless is a good product and that they have tech support. The price is right but you need to do a fair amount of fabricating and need to have an understanding of automotive wiring.

Reproduction harnesses are easy to install and you can use factory wiring diagram when troubleshooting. However you can easily spend $700 + replacing engine, forward lamp, dash, and rear lamp harnesses. You will need to decide if you're up to the challenge of installing a painless harness.

If you go with reproduction you can buy direct from M&H. I understand that Team Chevelle members get a %10 discount.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Elree is 100% right. I have used the Painless harness and am a big fan of their products. I installed the harness, gauge harness, headlight relays(modified) and a few other products from them, and I am very happy with all of them.

That being said, he is also very right in saying that you need to know a little about automotive wiring to get one of those kits in there correctly. Also, it doesn't come with many of the 'factory style' connectors that you would need to make it incredibly easy to hook up. As it is, you have to make new connectors for everything except the steering column wiring, which takes time, and is also not completely stock looking. But, if you go with a Painless kit, I don't imagine you would be opting for a stock look anyhow...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts