Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a mounting for the P/S on a big block with headers, I have seen them for small blocks but not for big blocks. The pump is located on the driver side and the alternator is on the pass. side. Thanks

JT
71 L65 SS soon to be 454

·
Registered
111 Posts
L65, this is the standard place for long water pumps(69 & later). Many aftermarket people make them. Try Ausleys,you can expect to pay about $50. They do not bolt to the headers. There is a boss on the block underneath the front header tube for the one bolt and the others are on the front. Rick..

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
L65,
My son's 71, which has EVERYTHING from a 72 BB donor car I bought new, has the PS pump mounted on the lower left, and NOTHING is attached at or near the headers. As Rick says, the bracket is attached below the exhaust on the side of the block and the front adjusting bracket has a bolt going through the adjusting slot into a boss on the water pump. Also, I'm sure this is the same on all '69up cars. Maybe not trucks. BB PS pump brackets for yours should be fairly easy to locate at a reasonable price (might even be good to take a pump if it comes with the brackets). I would really encourage you to place an ad at this site in the PARTS WANTED section.

------------------

·
Registered
147 Posts
JT,

I bought a set of brand new ones from a Local Speed shop who purchases them from
a Chevrolet dealer. The owner likes to keep a set on hand for his customers. Also got the alternator brackets. They were not to expensive. You might want to check with your local dealer. I have a 70 SS Clone which I converted from a SB to a 454.

------------------

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chevrolet has all the brackets for BB, long water pump.
Main: 14015392
Adj.: 14015391
There might be one more bracket. I can't go look, the 69 El Camino is in the paint shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.