Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work in a pretty affluent area, the cars i see on a daily basis would make most pretty jealous. today, somebody must have got thier first ferrari, screaming yellow, and i don't think he knows how to drive it yet, it comes down the street at about 10k r.p.m.s it sounds like an indy car coming down the street, he's not really going that fast, but the engine is yelling for mercy. i don't think this guy knows how to get it in third.....so far today, he's passed my office three times, everytime just redlined out....i do have to say, he's getting more attention than when brittny spears came into carl's junior the other day.....

·
Registered
725 Posts
My mother owns a store in Newport Beach and when I go to visit I see many exotic cars...I think the last one was that Porsche GT or whatever its called. But anyway I noticed that too, a lot of them seemed to keep their RPMs way up there. I asked one of the guys that walked in that owns a Lambo why this is. He said several things,

1) The companies/dealerships that sell these cars want you to drive them hard and when the cars come in for services, they'll check the computer to see how you have been driving it. So many people will keep the RPMs up and fluctuate them so it looks like they are driving them hard. I guess its like the people that own the big Enzo Ferraris...they earn the right to buy one based on their history. You can't buy one of those cars as your first ferrari.

2) When the cars are new, they are told to keep the RPMs up. I question this since it seems like disaster, but I dunno. They are a different breed of engine than ours.

3) Lastly, some of them just love the sound/love to be heard by others.

I believe #3 the most, but that wasn't the first time i had heard reason #1.

Mike

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Yeah, Mike, I work on Newport Blvd. and see and hear all the exotics everyday. Lots of ferrari's and lotus's and porsches and they all sound like they only have 1 gear! Must be centrifical clutch's because they NEVER shift.Sounds rediculous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts