Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a question about my 72 chevelle ss 454 it has a 454 in it and i was looking into getting a new intake for it but i dont know if it has rectangular or oval ports any help would be appreciated.

Ian

· Premium Member
7,843 Posts
if it is an LS5........large ovals

· Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Ian, not knowing if anyone has done any work on this engine, as in changing parts, I would pull a valve cover off and write down the casting numbers, a 6 or 7 digit number usually. That will tell what heads you have for sure. Post the numbers here and we'll help with it. You can go to www.mortec.com for a whole listing. John

· Registered
233 Posts
Another way Im told besides the obvious and best of removing the covers and getting the numbers.......is.. look on the front of the head just below the cover.. If the metal has a ridge going like the letter V on its side,,its an oval it actually is the stamped ridge of sorts.. Its plainly visible and even can be felt with your fingers.. hope that helps.. phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.