Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going out of state to look at buying a chevelle. Any thoughts on what to look for or what to ask????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Make sure you write out a complete and detailed bill of sale, and get that notorized as well. Remember, some states do not have titles to vehicles over 10 years old, and the only way you can get tags in another state is with the notorized bill of sale. Include all vehicle numbers, names,addresses,social #'s of all parties involved. I learned that lesson when I bought a car in New Hampshire and took it home to Ohio.

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
I just sold a 74 Corvette to a man in Nevada. In Oklahoma where I am, all I had to do was sign the title and have it notarized for the buyer. I did this a couple of days before he arrived to pick up the car. I'd check with your local DMV and see what they require if you buy from a state that doesn't have titles.

As others have said, get a notarized list of what the car is represented to be. That is, SS or non-SS, get engine number (on passenger side in front of the head), ensure VIN is correct for the car, and as many modifications or addons (such as wheels/tires) etc as possible. Pray tell if anything is *missing* from someone elses car, at least you've got a bill-of-sale for it. You may not get to keep it, but you shouldn't go to jail because of it either!

If you've got a camera, take pictures of the VIN, engine mods, wheels, etc. as well.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92
ACES #1709
www.dalesplace.com
Restore it or customize it, but drive it and enjoy it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.