Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all love Chevelles (after wives, girl friends and your kids) ,or we wouldn't be here. But, what else takes up your "spare" time? Myself Im also a Amateur Radio Operator (Ham) N6PBM. Are there any other Amaters out there?
I hope this doesn't jam this site.

------------------

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well I'm a trained Chef and would like to get into amature road racing and autocross. My other hobbies include paintball, playing guitar and stone sculpture.

------------------
Francis Taracido
[email protected]
Proud Patron of Quadzilla

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well my other interest is automobilia.I buy,sell,and trade old literature and dealer items.Old car magazines,ads,brochures,dealer albums,data books,promos,dealer sales kits,and much more.I sell a lot on ebay as well as local car shows and events at Gainsville,FL.I also enjoy home brewing and US History.As for my main source of time and income I am employed at United Parcel Service.Above all my family comes first,then of course my LS6 Chevelle!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I spend what other spare time I have flying at 35,000 feet in KC-135 refueling tankers for the Air National Guard. But hey it's a great partime job, and it help pay for the chevelle addiction. Mat ACES #2424

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
Other than working on my Chevelle, I have started a car club at work and I'm involved with the Boy Scouts as an Asst. Scoutmaster and a Weblo leader. I am an Eagle scout and one of my sons is now an Eagle scout. I am employed at a Nuclear plant as a mill wright.

·
Super Moderator
12,959 Posts
Pat,
Also Ham Radio WB3CII (since 1970), computers, airplanes (real and radio control models), bicycling, and anything else mechanical - technical that I can get into !

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I'm also a ham. Pretty new one at that. Got the no-code tech a few months ago. KB9UAO.

Besides that, I refinish furniture and have begun searching for the perfect house to fix up. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a house that meets the follwing criteria:

In need to restoration
Small
Wood exterior
No Ranch style homes
2.5 car garage :)

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
The Team Chevelle Showroom. [last updated May 17, 99]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/6987/
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
287 Posts
Firearms...shooting,collecting, reading and doing what I can to insure the govt. will let it stay that way.
BTW, I used to play paintball. In fact I was on a semi-pro team with many, many sponsors. Free guns, free paint, free uniforms etc.. Problem was when you get that good [ and I say that with humility] it becomes more like a business with all the internal politics etc.
That's why I like my Chevelle, I do my own thing and nobody's opinion matters but my own.
When this Chevelle fever blows over I think I'd like to become a pilot.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Hi all! Call is N3JHV, no code since 91. Other hobbies include pc's, firearms, and family. Work is almost a hobby-work for a paging company.
Hey Bill K-wonder if I can hit Waldorf on 2m. from North East MD? 73 all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like all you guys have some kind of life outside the garage. All I do is mess with cars. I'm a BMW "Client Advisor" (fancy name for salesman) in Lakeland, FL and I've got 2 Chevelles (72 and newly aquired 71). I couldn't get away from cars if I had to. Then again, I love it and I really don't want to!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Other than working on my blown 68 chevelle I am a competetive bodybuilder. I work as a firefighter and paramedic in San Diego Ca. There is lots of car stuff going around SD all year round so I keep pretty busy with that. I also like camping and hiking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WELL I'M also a ham WB6QNX, since "76 also a tech code just Isn't my bag, other hobbies include watching my boys play baseball one in hi school the other in little league, fishing and camping with my kids keeps my mide off of my late wife. shooting, stock car racing just a spectator now ex driver,and going to car shows in my chevelle with the top down......
Gene...............

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check my profile.

------------------
Long time Chevelle fan and an owner since 1973 :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well I am retired lots of spare time! (Ya right!)I really don't know how I had time to hold a full time job,I am busier now than ever before.Doing small engine repairs cutting 2 acres of grass weekends at the cottage cutting grass,keeping my truck, wifes car,fishing boat, Chevelle all working.One of these days I am going the get in that boat and go salmon fishing only been out once this year and blew a head gasket,12 miles out in Lake Heron.Hey guys don't retire there is no such thing...FRED

·
Registered
31 Posts
Besides being a chevelle and impala fanatic, I am also a captain in the Army National Guard. I am the commander of a military police company. This takes up most of my free time, but it helps pay for my 70 SS 396.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
622 Posts
Homeschooling the kids.
Dirt bike (dualsport) riding.
Camping/hiking.
Photography.
Woodworking.
A little shooting here and there.

------------------

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Kinda funny how firearms and cars go together. I read an article on Bill Ruger ( Ruger firearms). Bill actually designed a car and in the article Bill went on to say how firearms people are usually car people ( I think he said "guys", but I'm being PC) and it's something I never thought of but true. I just assembled a AR with Colt SS freefloat barrel and Bushmaster lower. This is no BS, the firearm holds 1" @100 and less than 2" at 200 (w/handloads ). My old rem .222 can't do that. Huwah! Now if I can get my Chevelle to go together like that !

This may seems strange but I built the AR for my son ( he's only 2) beacuse something tells me that by the time he's old enough to handle a firearm like that, they'll be outlawed. What ever happened to personal responsibilty? Geez.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 06-01-99).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guns and Chevelle's; imagine that? I have a F.F.L. and deal in collectable guns. My main interests in collectable guns are the Browning Belgium .22 Rifles. I belong to the Browning Collectors Assn. they are a real nice bunch of people also! I have displayed my collection at the Tulsa Gun Show in april(3500 tables in one building) and have done quite well there. I am lucky enough to call one of the Belgium engravers from F.N. a friend and have learned alot from him. Guns and Chevelle's, aint it bout as good as it gets! Rick

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Rick,

I rebuilt a cracked stock for my bro-in-law on a Browning .22. Finding the through bolt was a chore. What a nice little gun. Unfortunately his had a real bad barrel insert job done to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just wanted to say that I agree with the hypothesis of guns and cars are usually together.. I am the same way, I hunt and shoot all the time, and have guns just because I can. I rather enjoy target shooting with handguns, too.
There must be some fascination with the need for speed and guns?...

------------------
Julia
'71 Chevelle

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.