Chevelles.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
Those are Mercs version of the Torino GT Cobra Jet, probably lower production #'s, 1 of my uncles had a 71 torino gt cobra jet 429/4 spd, super fast car but I don't know about that price, I think merc made a more rare cyclone, super cyclone maybe? think it had a long nose like nascar or something, 69-71?, that car has something going on in the grill area with the trim loose or coming off

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
He's dillusional. I don't blame this on "Barrett Jackson" syndrome, this sort of thinking has always been around. It a combination of ignorance, greed, stubbornness and the desire to have something that is special. You see this all of the time where someone with an also ran car locks onto some feature that makes it "special". They are often incredible defensive, you can see it in the way the seller words his ad and his pricing.

Cyclones are nice cars, but nowhere near as valuable as the seller thinks. It also isn't the top of the line, that would have been the Cyclone Spoiler.

Steve R

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Those are Mercs version of the Torino GT Cobra Jet, probably lower production #'s, 1 of my uncles had a 71 torino gt cobra jet 429/4 spd, super fast car but I don't know about that price, I think merc made a more rare cyclone, super cyclone maybe? think it had a long nose like nascar or something, 69-71?, that car has something going on in the grill area with the trim loose or coming off
There was a production aerodynamic version of the Cyclone in 1969. They featured an extended nose and I believe different rocker panels like the Torino Talladega. In 1970 there were also a handful of aero dynamic cars produced, I think by one of their NASCAR teams, which somehow survived, these were never manufactured intended for release to the public.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts
He's dillusional. I don't blame this on "Barrett Jackson" syndrome, this sort of thinking has always been around. It a combination of ignorance, greed, stubbornness and the desire to have something that is special. You see this all of the time where someone with an also ran car locks onto some feature that makes it "special". They are often incredible defensive, you can see it in the way the seller words his ad and his pricing.

Cyclones are nice cars, but nowhere near as valuable as the seller thinks. It also isn't the top of the line, that would have been the Cyclone Spoiler.

Steve R

A 69 428 Talladega sold at Barrett Palm beach this month for around $38k at it was nice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow, nice car but not 6 figures nice.

Today 50% of all marriages end in divorce, but 100% of car part deliveries end in happiness.

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wouldn't buy it even if I liked the car and the price...the seller is a jerk. Don't do this, don't do that, I know everything...try and find one...no way.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Although I personally don't like the look of it probably is rare and not cheap. I doubt that it is worth that much, especially not in the condition it is in. If I wanted to sell my car I would at least detail it before taking photos.

With that said, I do like Fords and if I would buy one and spend a lot of money I would get a 64 Thunderbolt or even a Thunderbolt clone before buying that boat.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Car is only worth as much some one will pay for it can't blame him for testing the waters you can always start high but feel he watched to many mecum auctions and doesn't understand the cost to run across the block and the fees. Hey more power to him there are other more desirable cars out there for less which will be his hardest selling pount.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Just because they are rare doesn't make them desirable. They probably didn't make a lot of AMC Pacers, either.........but I wouldn't want one.

·
Premium Member
11,598 Posts
Want to start by saying I dont want to offend any Ford lovers. Sorry, that is not a very good looking car. IMHO Ford is the red headed step child of the muscle car era. Aside from most fastback Mustangs and a couple mid 60's Galaxies, Fairlanes and a few 60's Tbirds Ford had nothing. That includes the 50's Tbirds some go gaga over.The body styles are nothing to write home about and their interiors are worse. They cant hold a candle to the styling of GM and Mopar and this car is no exception. Their pickups are a little better except for early 60's but once again GM styling wins here again.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Want to start by saying I dont want to offend any Ford lovers. Sorry, that is not a very good looking car. IMHO Ford is the red headed step child of the muscle car era. Aside from most fastback Mustangs and a couple mid 60's Galaxies, Fairlanes and a few 60's Tbirds Ford had nothing. That includes the 50's Tbirds some go gaga over.The body styles are nothing to write home about and their interiors are worse. They cant hold a candle to the styling of GM and Mopar and this car is no exception. Their pickups are a little better except for early 60's but once again GM styling wins here again.
I feel the same way. If I'm ever going to restore a Ford, it's likely to be a pickup...

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
Back when me and 1 of my oldest friends, still is, were in high school he had a 66 Cyclone GT 390/4 spd, much nicer style and plenty fast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts