Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's come to that point in my restification where I need to place the factory stickers, such as emissions, posi-trac warning, etc...but I don't know which ones I need for my year/make/model/options. This is where you experts come into play.

My car is an early (March) 1970 Chevelle SS L34, manual transmission (M-20), non-A/C, with posi. I was wondering if you folks could tell me which stickers I need for the engine compartment and truck lid?

I was looking through the OPGI, NPD, and Year One catalogs, and there are too many options for me to figure them all out.

If you could tell me what stickers and exactly what locations they go to. I will place one order (hopefully) and place them properly the first time.

Thanks!!!

------------------
Sean Thomas
TC #907 ACES #4468
1970 SS 396
Photo Moderator-AmericanIron.net

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Well Sean, I recently went through this with a friend's 70 SS. The best sources came from LS6-M22 (Dean) and Mr70 (Rick). Hopefully one or both can jump in here.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
If you have a mild sense of humor and do not really care about your car (unlikely!!) why not just get a "Made in Japan" sticker to fool the general public?? I do not have any to send you, but I do have some that say "assembled in Mexico". Let me know if you have an interest. Actually, I have a few of the GM Mark of Excellence stickers that I swiped when I worked for GM in 69/70. You may need one for your door pillar.Same price!!Zip

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Sean,
First question I would like to know is if you have a build sheet.That can help out on the exact stickers to use.Assuming that you don't I can give you a generally accepted idea of the stickers to use and where to place them. The emission decal on your car should be coaded AR and listed after 1/70 part #3989365 in the parts book.This goes in the right square(drivers side)radiator closest to grill.The far left square is for the cooling system label.Part # is 3979912 and should be dated 5-23-69.If your car was sold new in Califorinia then in the middle of both stickers would be an additional sticker for RPO NA9 carbon canistor.The trunk stickers vary somewhat.Generally the posi warning label is on the left(drivers side)innest square.Its part number is #3745926 and has a date of 7-22-58.Most labels I have seen don't have that date and is not concourse correct.Our great sponser Ground up has it!
The jack instruction sticker goes to the right and you require the later revised instruction sticker which goes by part #3953326.If you need more help with any other stickers i.e.air cleaner,inner door or chassis stickers drop me an email at [email protected].I only wish I was better at posting pictures.To show is much better then to tell.

------------------

Dean Ciampi
Team Chevelle Gold #52
Aces #3094 MY LS6 CHEVELLE
My 2000 Z28

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.