Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I went looking for an original single pipe exhaust system for a 65 Chevelle with a 327 and all I could find were dual pipe systems. Does anyone know if there is a vendor that has the single pipe system. The originals came with a single pipe. Mine did. I've already checked all the big name and small vendors I buy from and can't find it. I'll put this inquiry in the restoration forum too.

Thanks,

Lou

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
Lou,
You are probably going to have to get an exhaust shop to bend the pipe for you. Walker only shows a muffler in their online catalog. The front "Y" pipe might be a problem. I have an old Walker catalog at home, I can see if it has the old Walker part numbers and then you can look on e-bay. Probably the only way you will find it other than having it made up.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Have you contacted Kepich Exhaust? They are in Ft Myers Florida so you might save on shipping. Alert: they have mixed reviews for customer service. I bought from them many years ago and had no problems.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Yes, I found the Waldron web site and they do have the single exhaust. I also checked the Assembly Manual and it looks like there was an option N-10 in which you could get dual exhausts. They have the set up shown in the manual on page 352. Mine did come with the single exhaust and if I went with the dual I would not be putting it back exactly as it was when it came from the factory but since it was an option it would still be correct. I also talked with a guy named Eric at Gardners and their prices are much higher than Waldrons. I'm sure Gardner has a top of the line kit. Waldrons looks like the way to go. They also had some good testimonials. To be honest I always wanted the dual exhausts. The car is a Malibu SS with a 327 and it goes against the grain to put a single exhaust back in. I think people expect to see dual.

Thanks for the help,

Lou

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a single exhaust pipe for my 65 from NAPA back in 2010. Part # 45365. Cost me $57.23 with tax. I don't remember the brand name.
Went to NAPA site, plugged in the number. No exhaust pipe. Just a shock and three V-belts. I'll Call them and see what they say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts