Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can I find an original AM/FM radio (option U69)for a 1971 Chevelle SS for sale in working condition?

also where can I find a dash face for the same vehicle. tach, speedo, clock, radio, air conditioning.

year one? OPG?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll sell you the radio from my 71.

------------------
1971 Chevy Chevelle w/ 305 Small Block
AIM: Digital Biterate

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry, can't help on the radio but if your looking for a dash, I've been there. The 70-72 dashes don't have a separate face, the whole housing is molded in one piece. If you want to be correct find a 71, if that doesn't really matter, all 3 years will interchange (there are some small differences). Don't pass up a good deal on a 70-72 Monte Carlo dash as they'll fit Chevelles. Montes had a woodgrained metal bezel around the guage/radio/AC control area that can be removed, however some of these bezels used holes for mounting to the Chevelle dash & others used small bend tabs at the outer edges. The small bend tab slots are almost invisible but the ones with holes would be troublesome to fix as one of the holes goes through the words "WASHER WIPER" molded into the Chevelle dash. I don't know which years did this or if it was even determined by the year (my dash is a 72 Monte & has the bend tab slots), just something to check out before you buy. Ebay is a good place to look but if you find one be sure to email the seller before you bid and get the price for boxing AND shipping. One seller wanted $50 just to box it up with UPS charges on top of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.