Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tracked down the dealer where their car originated and obtained any copies of the invoice or any other paperwork?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I had a friend that worked at the
Chevy dealer in town here (parts dept).At lunch ,on occasions, we would go to the old building and go through the old sales slip books.At the time I had a ' 71 S.S. small block, F-41, a/c, non cowl hood, factory wheels, tach/gauges car.We went back to the ' 71 year and found all the sales info for it, it had options, dealer price, sale price, trade in( a ' 67 4 dr. Impala), all the info. He financed it through G.M and his payments were $78 @month.I let all the info go when I sold the car, and last I heard was in Fla. and restored.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
If you look for and find your build sheet it will tell you the name and address of the selling dealer. It is in the lower left corner of the build sheet.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I did but they had destroyed all thier old records or so I was told by the owner via email. It's a 1964 Impala 2 door hardtop. When I was restoring it I found this metal dealer nameplate down inside lower rear quarter panel. It matched up with 2 holes in the truck lid. I searched the GM site and located the dealer. I had the name Ratliff and the town LLano. All I needed was the zip code (found it on the net) and that gave me the state Texas. They were still in business, same town and same name but no records. I got a very nice reply from the president of the dealership regretting not being able to help me because they do not keep records beyond a certain time, seems like 10 years but not sure I recall exactly.

Anyone here from LLano or nearby?

[This message has been edited by elcamino (edited 09-19-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.