Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the non-Chevelle content, but I know there are a few people on here who love the slab-sided Chevy trucks.

I have to say I'm amazed this one is already at $17k with the reserve not met. It's nice, for an original paint pickup that was obviously used and enjoyed, but it's not exactly a pristine example and is pretty low optioned.

Are these trucks that valuable now?

1968 C-10

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
Pickup trucks are gaining momentum. I sold my 1980 GMC Indy Hauler last June for $8500 and it was just a driver without any of the Decals on the truck. Google Indy Hauler for some pics of one completely redone, very sweet package and only 200 ever available for purchase to the public.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. There was a '71 K-20 local to me that I probably should have bought, in hindsight. Pretty strong prices for these old trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Short bed fleet side trucks are all the rage. I'd be surprised if a long bed did half as much.

Steve R
Also BBW (big back window) ...
I paid $5000 4 years ago for a 1964 shortbed BBW fleetside C-10. Recently was given a serious offer of 17K (but I still want to keep it)

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Also BBW (big back window) ...
I paid $5000 4 years ago for a 1964 shortbed BBW fleetside C-10. Recently was given a serious offer of 17K (but I still want to keep it)
I didn't know the window size mattered on the later model trucks. What sort of difference would it make on a 61-66 or 67 and later truck?

Steve R

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice truck but not for north of 10k IMO. Reserve not met, not really sold yet, may or may not be real money...

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Big back window trucks pre '66 are difficult to come by. '67 was small window only, all others '68-72 are big back window I believe. '68 is a desirable year due to the big window and ,'67-'68 only front end. The pictured above is nice considering original paint and black, but I'm a little surprised at $17K and hasn't hit the reserve!
I have a rusty '70 swb, nothing special, needs a ton of body work and panels replaced and get offers $8K or more often. Crazy how popular these have become.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts