Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a real long shot, but it never hurts to try. I'm trying to locate the original owner of my '70 Chevelle SS. I know that it was in Nebraska from 1972 through the mid 1980's. I know the history from ~1986 on to the present. The car currently has a LS6 motor, and it is not the original one. It is Cranberry Red w/ black stripes, black bucket seat interior. It is a 4 speed. If anyone knows of a car so equipped somewhere in Nebraska in the early 1970's, please contact me with any particulars, and we'll go from there. Thanks....

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that avenue. The State of Nebraska will not give out history information, even though they have it on file!! They only give out current information, which I don't need. They say it's due to privacy statutes or something.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,711 Posts
Bill; I sympathize with you. The state of Indiana will provide a title history back 10 years for $8 and a 12 week wait. My car's earliest owner available bought it in '82, but he won't answer the phone or return my calls. I'm looking for history on a '69 300 Deluxe SS, Monaco Orange, that I believe was in the Ft. Wayne, Indiana area in it's early days. von

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, but "autoweb.com" only investigates vehicles manufactured after 1981. Their forte` is late model stuff: i.e., everyday drivers.

G

·
I traced my '69 SS's history BEFORE these privacy laws were in affect. I got as far as a previous owner in New Mexico in 1976. New Mexico DMV only keeps their records for 7 years, then they are discarded, so I received NOTHING prior to 1976. Plus this previous owner will not return by inquiries. I hate when I'm up against a wall! I guess I'll never know!

Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Bill, I live in Lincoln. And If you shoot me your VIN number I have a good friend that is a cop here in town that might help us out. I also ran into the same problem with the Lancaster county DMV. Such nice people they are. Mat

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ELLI,

Where are you? I've sent you two emails to your listed address ([email protected]) and had no reply. I appreciate your offer of help, but if I can't contact you.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.