Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many kinds and I know the ones on my car are incorrect. What do they look like and can I get a set of exact repros?Are they capped or solid?I can't seem to find any info on this.Thanks

------------------

Dean Ciampi
Team Chevelle Gold #52
Aces #3094 MY LS6 CHEVELLE

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
LS6, I to recently looked into this and found the original GM lug nuts were still available. I used OPG in Huntington Beach a year ago, but did not purchase them because they are capped nuts, and I used the car alot, and changed tires and wheels frequently, so I thought solid acorn chromies would do the trick, still on the car now, for durability reasons.I could be wrong, but repo's are available now, so the GM's might be gone already, hope you find some. BTW, real nice car, looks great in gold!

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle Wagon
313 Posts
They were a capped nut that they used for several years on other cars, like the Vega.

------------------
ACES Member#603
Team Chevelle Gold Member #285
67 Malibu Convertible
67 El Camino
67 Malibu Wagon (project)
67 C10 Pickup
70 Malibu Convertible
Peach State Chevelles
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/downs/2849

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes Capped Lug nuts are correct.Just a thin peice of tin over a std.lug nut.You can still get from GM and are readily available elsewhere fo about $1.00 each.

------------------
Rick Peters
NCOA#1670-ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
the orignal capped lug nut part # 414188 is no longer available, it has been superseded by a new part # 12387947, the new lug nut has a larger seating surface than original a lot larger and price is about 3.50 each.

------------------
70 SS396 CHEVELLE
70.5 Z/28 RALLYSPORT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.