Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys thought my price was right on the motor I am trying to sell. It's a original chevy 350 out of my 70 Chevelle ( I checked the numbers and it's an original 70 chevelle 350). It's a two bolt main. It has the original 300 horsepower heads, the water pump, and the original valve covers. I kept the intake and stuff for my new engine. It ran great until one of the bolts snapped on a connecting rod and punched a hole through my oil pan. I think the block is still good and it would actually probably run fine if someone replaced that piston and rod. I am trying to get $300 for it. Do you guys think that is a fair price?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was wondering if you guys thought my price was right on the motor I am trying to sell. It's a original chevy 350 out of my 70 Chevelle ( I checked the numbers and it's an original 70 chevelle 350). It's a two bolt main. It has the original 300 horsepower heads, the water pump, and the original valve covers. I kept the intake and stuff for my new engine. It ran great until one of the bolts snapped on a connecting rod and punched a hole through my oil pan. I think the block is still good and it would actually probably run fine if someone replaced that piston and rod. I am trying to get $300 for it. Do you guys think that is a fair price?
:wacko:l:)l:)l:)l:)

·
Registered
9,271 Posts
I think you have one too mant 0's on your price.

LK

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you have one too mant 0's on your price.

LK
There's no reason to be rude here guys I simply asked because I didn't know. $300 may be way too high but the heads alone are worth more than the $30 Alwhite suggested. It's a perfectly rebuildable core that is a date correct engine. Why would it be as worthless as you all are suggesting?

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
FYI, about a year ago I was offered an entired 1971 Chevelle 4 drs with a complete 350 carb to pan for 300.00. Fast forward another year and the car had not been sold. Place an add in Craiglist or here in the classifieds and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
1970 dated 3970010 blocks are certainly not going to make anyone rich, but they are a desireable item with the 2nd gen Camaro guys. Having said that I've watched at least 3 of them in standard bore 4-bolt form no issues bring $300-$400 on ebay.

Like Dean said, the heads are probably worth the most. If the block isn't scrap I'd say your price isn't out of line to the right guy, thats my opinion. For someone just looking for a 350 to build, then probably not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts