Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be ordering new slicks I'm looking at the MT 3062S 10.5X29.5 is this the right tire for my 70 with 10" 5.5 bs rims. Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
I've considered those before. It is a big tire. S is for stiff sidewall. Supposed to be good for a stick car. MT says it needs a 10" rim. Sidewall is 13.2" tread is 10.2" and it is 29.9" tall. Like I said, that is a big tire. I don't think it would fit mine.

I think the 3056ST would be better for mine.
EDIT.... The S is a stiff sidewall, the ST is recommended for stick cars.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I had 29.5 x9 MT sportsmans on a 15x8 rim with 4.5 bs. I think it would be real tough to fit that tire in there, the one you are talking about with the larger section width, especially if the lip isn't trimmed on the quarter.

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I have the lip rolled back to the screws. I had the Hoosier 10X29 that barley fit but they did. They had 11.9 section width

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I run a 10.5x30x15 Hoosier radial slick on a 15x10" wheel w/5.5" BS on my '70...no problem. I had to roll the upper section of the fender lip just slightly.

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bill do the radial slicks work well with manuel transmission?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Thanks Bill do the radial slicks work well with manuel transmission?
I've personally never used them with a manual tranny but I would suspect :noway:.
They are very sensitive to track conditions...

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent Bob a PM I'll see what hes running also. The tech guy at MT was usless.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Bob uses the same tire that Bill uses, but I'm gonna give the 295 Hoosier drag radials a workout this coming weekend ;)
Let me know how that works out Bob.
We were talking to a guy last Sat at the ORSCA race at Commerce. IIRC, I believe this guy runs EZ Street class with his BIG Block '69 Camaro. They use M/T ET Street radials...same tire I use on the street.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts