Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered Legendary door panels today. Legendary said they would ship out on March 19th. I hope their quality is as good as they say.

Has anyone else placed and order or better yet does anyone have a set?

The fronts were $200 a pair unassembled and the rears were $110/pair unassembled. $365/pair assembled fronts. They better be nice for the price.

Bart

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yes I would be interested in seeing them also with your opinion of em. They seem expensive. I have no probs paying more if I get better stuff. I hope the quality is great as I need to make a move soon on some. Bill

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I would be interested in seeing them also with your opinion of em. They seem expensive. I have no probs paying more if I get better stuff. I hope the quality is great as I need to make a move soon on some. Bill
Yeah, I agree with the price, the are expensive. Seems like there is to few times buying these repro parts where they are actually good quality parts. I will post pictures and my opinion when I get the panels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pleeease let us know how they are, all the stuff I see out there is nothing compared to my originals that are 38 years old and in need of replacement. Imagine 38 year old parts better than new ones, how sad!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am very interested in the quality and fit of the Legendary door panels. I reluctantly returned a set of 1971 PUI rear panels to Ground Up. The top rail on the PUI panels was made out of plastic (originals were metal) and they would not fit properly. It seemed that the curvature of the plastic part was different than the originals.

I am afraid that I may never find a good fitting set of repop door panels. Is there a source for having the originals redone?

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay I got the panels in yesterday (03/22/07). My initial impression is that they are sturdy well built pieces. On very close inspection I could see some pits in the mylar but other than that they are very nice, nothing that you would really notice unless you looked for it. If you are a perfectionist it might bother you.

I would post pictures but I don't own a digital camera, so it will have to wait until I get my film developed.

All the cutouts seemed to be there and there are punch out's for it appears a remote mirror, and the "SS" emblem. There is an indentation for the squarish door emblems also.

Any questions let me know.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So then the question from my perspective would be are they worth the extra cost over (if they were more) the Ted Williams panels. :confused: Seems we have heard consistently good reports from folks that have purchased the TW panels.

Bart, how much did you pay for theses? And can someone tell me how much Greenwood is charging for the TW panels?

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So then the question from my perspective would be are they worth the extra cost over (if they were more) the Ted Williams panels. :confused: Seems we have heard consistently good reports from folks that have purchased the TW panels.

Bart, how much did you pay for theses? And can someone tell me how much Greenwood is charging for the TW panels?
First post has price. Yeah, it would be nice to have a store where one could go and compare the panels. Legendary will be hitting Super Chevy Car Shows and other Chevy shows to market their products. If you can wait I would hit one of those, I am sure they will have competitor products available for comparison.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am very interested in the quality and fit of the Legendary door panels. I reluctantly returned a set of 1971 PUI rear panels to Ground Up. The top rail on the PUI panels was made out of plastic (originals were metal) and they would not fit properly. It seemed that the curvature of the plastic part was different than the originals.

I am afraid that I may never find a good fitting set of repop door panels. Is there a source for having the originals redone?
A good upholstery shop can take your old panels and transfer the metal to the new repop unassembled panels and they will fit your door just like the originals...the plastic crap that you refer to is exactly the reason I want my customers to bring the stuff in unassembled form...wait until you buy deluxe door panels for a Camaro (cost is like 250 each I think) they never fit right cause of that repop plastic backing...it is a real p!sser...I understand what you guys go through on this stuff...it really sucks sometimes...

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
well can't say I didn't try ..... WWW.greenwoodchevy.com
Ted William Inc Panels assembled with correct metal tops ... this price is for fronts only as they are on an El Camino 148.00 pair
go to the web site click online store then Restoration Interior trim....
fix fine look original ...no one has ever said anything bad about them when the car is shown .... I like mine :D the people who I know that have bought them are also happy ...... IMO good parts

·
Registered
412 Posts
A good upholstery shop can take your old panels and transfer the metal to the new repop unassembled panels and they will fit your door just like the originals...the plastic crap that you refer to is exactly the reason I want my customers to bring the stuff in unassembled form...wait until you buy deluxe door panels for a Camaro (cost is like 250 each I think) they never fit right cause of that repop plastic backing...it is a real p!sser...I understand what you guys go through on this stuff...it really sucks sometimes...
Can anyone recommend an upholstery shop in Sacramento - Redding, Ca that could handle this job?

·
Registered
46 Posts
How are the panels compared to the originals? The repro's are flat and don't have the depth. Is there a significant difference from the originals or are they pretty close? Are these pre-assembled or do they use our top rails?

·
Registered
8,985 Posts

My PUI panels (1970) had the metal top rail.

LK

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.