Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy before me changed all the wiring harnesses but alot of wires aren't hooked up yet. There is a long orange wire that is in the engine compartment coming out of a wiring harness sort of behind the distributor along the fire wall,it looks like it is about 1 to 2 feet long, any of you guys have a idea where it goes?
Also there is a yellow wire under the dash about 6 inches long near the cig. lighter, I'm not sure where this one goes .Does a orange wire with a round connector go to the lighter?
What is the black ground wire for from under the left side of the dash near the e brake? My instrument lights work without this ground connected. where does it go? Sorry about so many questions.
Any help is appreciated
Jerry

[This message has been edited by c.c.c (edited 06-27-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Jerry

The orange wire under the hood is for the heater blower motor. If you have A/C you will not use that wire. The yellow wire under the dash is power for the radio. The cig lighter gets an orange wire, I don’t know for sure if 69 used a ring terminal connection or a blade type connection. If your lighter has a threaded lug with nut then it’s probably what connects to it.

EDIT
The black wire is probably for the Key Minder circuit. It connects to the door jamb switch. The door jamb switch should have two wires connected to it. One is white and is for the interior lighting. The other is black for the key minder circuit. If the key minder circuit is connected the horn relay buzzes if you open the driver’s door with the key in the ignition.

[This message has been edited by Elree Colby (edited 06-27-2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts