Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to re-install the flywheel after replacing the ring gear( 1970 454) and was wondering if the bellhousing had a strip of orange paint around it from the factory like the aluminum intake and the exhaust manifolds did ? A second question I have is where would be a good source for the correct nuts,bolts washers for the bellhousing ,trans. ,rear motor mounts etc. , looks like the previous owner liked to hang out at ACE HARDWARE and the local chevy dealer wasn't real helpful. Thanks to all who contribute so much to this site. NICK

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Do a search for this topic as it has been covered extensively recently.

In short, the bellhousing has a 4-6" overspray completely around the engine flange.

The bolts can be obtained from both our sponser Ground Up and Paragon Corvettes.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"
Musclecar Restoration and Design

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Ngrover, I dont know where orinda is, but you'll find good fasteners at a supply house that caters to contractors/machinsts. Of course, if you dont have the sizes, then easiest to order them up from a resto house. Use grade 8 for any critical engine stuff, and I have used 5's for therm housing etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.