Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a search to see if I missed a post about this, didn't find anything but spent an hour and a half reading last years posts. There is some awesome info at this sight. Anyway, I know this new antifreeze in my truck is supposed to help with corrosion, but does it cool any better and would it be worth while to convert my 64 to it when I redo the engine?

·
Registered
119 Posts
One note of caution on this coolant. I have some friends a a G.M. dealership that says they have had trouble with the new stuff. If you mix it with water that has any chlorine in it,It causes a chemical reaction that will start corrosion. Mix it with purified or distilled water. Don't use tap water.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
64, That orange anti-freeze(dexcool)is made for cooling systems that have a high aluminum content as do the late model GM vehicles. There is no way you could get all the regular anti-freeze out of your system nless you replace every part including the heater core. The instructors tell us that if you use this where regular anti-freeze has been used, it is the same as using regular anti-freeze and should be replaced as often.

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will not use it in my 64. I'm not going to take a chance of causing more problems. As it has been said, if it ain't broke-don't fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.