Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently inspecting a very original unmolested 69 SS Chevelle and noticed the factory radiator fan had been painted orange. This is the second 69 I have seen with an orange fan. Were any of these painted orange from the factory, or was this just some sort of fad?

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
72 conv,
I parted a 68 GTO many years ago which had an orange 7 blade fan. I believe that somebody had painted it. I still have it, I think.
Have you ever seen the orange "CAUTION-FAN" stickers that are on the fan shroud or radiator support sometimes. I think they were used mainly on For**ds.
I suspect that some people think it's a good idea, for the sake of safety, to paint the fan orange to make it more visible. Sometimes a black fan blade just kinda blends into the darkness inside the shroud when the engine is running, (especially at night), and it's not hard to accidentally put your hand in there if you are not careful.
I've never seen an original GM car with an orange fan blade.

Nate

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I once seen an GM orange fan selling at a big swap meet. It looked like it was new, and thought it was as the vendor was selling many new repro parts. It also possible one of the previous owners painted it to match the engine. I have seen many Chev and GM engines in the last 31 years and never once saw a fan any color but black or aluminum on a car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.