Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get back on my air system for my "shop". I plan on running 40-50 feet of copper pipe, slightly angled with drip legs/ball valves for draining.

At the end of the run, I'd like to install a desiccant filter for painting, but since I plan to paint very infrequently, I'll probably set up the filter inline with quick disconnects.

Now the issue is I haven't been able to find a nice, "inexpensive" desiccant filter setup. Not sure if it matters, but relative humidity in this area is typically around 20%, IIRC. Relatively dry air...

Any recommendations?

Should I be looking at something with replaceable/dry-able media?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I use this post compressor:https://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/archive/index.php/t-38660.html
Franz himself used to be on the weld talk board.
I then have a DeVilbiss DAD500 for painting, I put a ball valve and a tee on it to shut it off when not painting.
I use a Sharpe dessicant system for the blast cabinet.
Don't know how well it works, just finished install a month ago and it's winter dry air here.
Franzinator alone, I used three tubes, worked for blast cabinet at old house.

If buying new I would look at a membrane drying system for reduced upkeep.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
A friend of mine made his own dryer,he fills it with some type of cat litter and his paintwork is flawless. I'm sure if you did some google research you could find the info to build your own.I know most of us gearheads like to improvise and save a $ if we can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts