Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO I HAVE A 66 CHEVELLE I HAVE A DELIVERY SLIP FROM FRAMINGTON MASS. ON THE CAR IT SAYS THE CAR CAME WITH OPTION Z60 "DIRECT READ CONSOLE GUAGES".NEXT LINE SAYS SAME CODE Z60 "INDASH TACHOMETER".THE CAR HAS A INDASH TACH WHERE THE CLOCK WOULD BE ON A CAR WITH NO CONSOLE(TOP RIGHT INDASH)BUT THERE ARE NO GUAGES IN THE CONSOLE,BUT THERE IS A PLATE MISSING ON CONSOLE RIGHT BEHIND CLOCK AND RIHT ABOVE THAT ON UNDERSIE OF DASH THEIR ARE TWO SCREWS AND YOU COULD SEE SOMTHING WAS MOUNTED THERE.HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SUCH AN OPTION OR KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND OUT?WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT I HAVE AN OPTION THAT IS NOT LISTED ON ANY OPTIONS LIST THINK IT IS PHONY PAPER WORK?BUT THAT DOESNT EXPLAIN THE INDASH TACH THAT IS THERE AND DOES LOOK TO ME TO BE A FACTORY INSTALLED PIECE .ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE WOULD BE APPRICIATED THANKS

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
any way you could post a picture of that tach? I would really like to see what it looks like.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
s <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drptop70ss:
any way you could post a picture of that tach? I would really like to see what it looks like.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
sure ,give me a day or two to take picture,but must be told how and where to post it

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dave, I have never heard of an in dash tach., or console gauges for a 66 Chevelle, but back then almost anything is possible.I know you could get console gauges on a 66 Impala, but I'm not positive where the tach. was( I think it was in the dash). Are you sure the delivery slip is for your Chevelle? Another possibility is that it is a prototype or pilot car (cars built before the assembly line started prodution of that year),they were built to test durability, assembly method, options, ect. Does your car have an odd or low number(less than 25) VIN?
Prototype and pilot cars are supposed to be destroyed, but some aren't. We have a 91 ZR1 pilot(VIN # 3) where I work.Can you give us any more information?

[This message has been edited by KEN67RAT (edited 02-07-2000).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by KEN67RAT:
Dave, I have never heard of an in dash tach., or console gauges for a 66 Chevelle, but back then almost anything is possible.I know you could get console gauges on a 66 Impala, but I'm not positive where the tach. was( I think it was in the dash). Are you sure the delivery slip is for your Chevelle? Another possibility is that it is a prototype or pilot car (cars built before the assembly line started prodution of that year),they were built to test durability, assembly method, options, ect. Does your car have an odd or low number(less than 25) VIN?
Prototype and pilot cars are supposed to be destroyed, but some aren't. We have a 91 ZR1 pilot(VIN # 3) where I work.Can you give us any more information?

Please don't use all caps, it means your yelling.
[/QUOTE sorry for caps,didnt know, typings hard enough with one finger now i have to worry about capitols too.my vin is 13617 dont know if thats odd or low what do you think,i will try to post a pic of tach in a day or two maybe that might help.thanks for the information,

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dave, do you mean the whole VIN # is 13617 nothing else, if so that is very odd. Did you get the number from the firewall, door jam, or title?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.