Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am having a 1970 SS inspected tomorrow but would like some opinions on a few photos that were sent.
Below are what I would consider of the most interest. I don't understand what I'm looking at with the middle three photos. Is the floor pan bonded with some sort of fiberglass tape?
It's advertised as driver quality, which to me means it's not nice but it's not rough.
Thanks for your help!
Darin

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
Looks like it needs some work but if the price is right it will be worth buying.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I'm looking at it with Pittsburgh rust belt eyes, I don't see anything that would stop me from buying it except a crazy price.. It did have some sloppy rust repair work with the pop rivets but nothing real bad..

How much? 10-12?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at it with Pittsburgh rust belt eyes, I don't see anything that would stop me from buying it except a crazy price.. It did have some sloppy rust repair work with the pop rivets but nothing real bad..

How much? 10-12?
Nope $32. It's a documented Oshawa SS L34, sold to a Pittsburgh dealer!

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
If it is in the Pittsburgh,Pa. area I can help. I have a one owner 1970 / LS-5 -M-22 ( Trailer Queen) that I ordered. I also have a 1970 468 that I drive.
Bob

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These cars are nearly impossible to find.
Do you know of any documented real numbers matching SS for sale? I'd be interested.
Seems all of them have been hacked up.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
for that kind of money I would need to be 100 percent on its potential value. its not bad for a driver but the work and future work I don't think are in par with that price. recommend you put a post under the whats it worth section here. put up the documentation. guys are amazing that work that section of tc.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Seems high to me. I remember seeing that car on EBay and it had rust bubbles in the paint too. If you were the winning bidder, didn't you already buy it?

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
I wouldn't give $20k for it. By the time it is restored you will have double what it's worth spent on it. For $32k a Chevelle in much better condition can be purchased. Your goal of drive now and restore later may not work with this car, not sure how long it could be driven before major work would be necessary.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts