Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at a few different suppliers for my 2 Dr Hardtop 67 SS. Who would you recommend for best quality and fit? I will probably be ordering the whole interior, since the former owner did a late 70's brown, diamond patterned job on it...U-G-L-Y!! Want to go back to the original black interior. There are a few out there...OPGI, Year One...Who would you suggest? Does any of them have a whole set that I can buy with all the door panels and headliner included? I don't want to mess with bad fitting pieces.

------------------
Dan Werkmeister
"Stored away for 8 months, a holy terror for 4."

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
You contact my good friend James Hinshaw, of Hinshaw's Chevelles...tell him Mike Crown Sent ya! he is TRUE BLUE Chevelle, not a Corporation, and you will find the parts and Customer Service to be top notch...he is the only person I use if I should need a part of kind for a 66 SS.

Hinshaw's 1248 87 N.Elon College, NC 27244 / (336) 586-0802

Mike

------------------
ACES # 1493
MCC # 501
TC # 751
AACA
66 MYSTERY CHEVELLE.COM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out your 66 SS. Very Nice. Did he do all of the interior? What did it cost you to redo your interior through the person you recommend?

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
No, James didn't do my interior....but interiors are his speciality...does many seminars at the ACES events held throughout the country and has been supplying and actaully does the work himself, for many years! Just call him, he or his wife will answer the phone...They are on the web also, I just don't have the link handy.

Prices are not going to vary a great deal from one vendor to another, and most of the interior kits are from a very few select suppliers...ie..Year One gets the same kit as That guy and this guy and so on...for the most part...so it comes down to Customer satisfaction IMO...if you should have a problem of any kind...you want the knowledge that a simple phone call to the place you purchased it from is going to solve the problem without question...that's James!

Again, this is only my opinion. I am sure others have their favorites...

------------------
ACES # 1493
MCC # 501
TC # 751
AACA
66 MYSTERY CHEVELLE.COM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. The problem with living in AK is that everything costs alot to ship up here, but is part of the territory since what we have here is limited. I will give Hinshaw's a call and find out what its going to set me back. Thanks again.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,593 Posts
No matter who you buy them from, IMO you can't do better than PUI interior parts.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS TC #15 ACES #1575 HSCA #5
My '69 SS

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von:
No matter who you buy them from, IMO you can't do better than PUI interior parts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have any contact info for them Von? I need to start looking for original style/color "saddle" door panels for my '70 El Camino.

------------------
Cable

-'70 El Camino Stroker 496 Project (stay tuned: http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum4/HTML/011834.html)

"He who dies with the most toys.....still dies...."

http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum4/HTML/011400.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts