Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what seems to be a good deal. Some of you may remember my post a while ago about my heads. From how that post went, and the opinions I got it sounds like I would be better off buying a set of aftermarket heads and selling my current (041 casting) heads to someone on here (or someone that has a better use for them than I do).

I've been looking around trying to find a set of complete heads for a good price. Well, I think I've found it. $400 for a set of World Products Sportsman II's. The heads are iron, 64cc, 2.02/1.60 valves (Manley), comp springs (max lift .580), they have stamped steel roller tip rockers, and 200cc runners. These heads usually sell for roughly $400 a piece. The guy says they have about 400 miles on them.

My question is, does this sound like a good deal? The only problem I see is checking them out. He’s from Toms River, New Jersey, which is a couple hour drive for me. I’d really like to buy them if they’re in good shape.

So what do you guys think? Good deal or no? Also, is there anyone close to Toms River that could check them out for me?

------------------
kenny

85 El Camino 355ci
350 turbo - 4.11's
best run so far 12.92
My Page

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. If possible, i would take them to a machine shop, and have the magnafluxed and checked out before you have him money.
But $400 it a great deal in my opinion. i would do it.

-Matt

------------------
TC Member #1434
1971 Malibu 350/TH350 (383/200-4R/12bolt in the works)
"It's not how much blood and sweat it took to get there, it's whether or not you have what it takes to finish it."
CAR
ENGINE (in car)
NEW 383(soon to be in car)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on that. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to put that in there. Does anyone know of a reliable machineshop around there were I could have the heads magnafluxed? How much would it cost?

------------------
kenny

85 El Camino 355ci
350 turbo - 4.11's
best run so far 12.92
My Page

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.