Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Well,after the let down of the 70 SS I was looking at, I found a 69 SS 396/350hp
To give a bried desciption is its a 69 with a frame off restoration, NOM 396/350 with 4 speed. Has black interior and dark green exterior. Excellent condition
My question is, how desirable is the 69 considered and is it worth investing in. I am looking to use it as a cruiser and to go to weekly cruise nights.
The guy was asking $20,000 and said his bottom line is $18,000 Is that overpaying or would this be considered right amount for a frame off SS
Thanks to all,
Bob

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
In all honesty Bob the 68/69's don't draw the big dollars like the 67's and 70's

To answer your question I would say it better be almost perfect for that money. My reasoning being it has a NOM engine (that doesn't bother me but it does effect value), it isn't a high horse L78 (again, nothing wrong with that but it also effects value).

Do you know if it is a true SS? Is there documentation like build sheet or Protect-o-plate?

If it is a top quality car and a true SS you probably can't go wrong for that money. The bottom line is if you are happy with the car.

Personally I think 69's rock

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi Oldman. Didn't I meet you at Chevellabration during the SoftSeal seminar? They were demonstrating weatherstripping on your car. I believe Don Lightfoot introduced us. Anyway, I feel that $18000.00 is a fair price for the car. I also have a 69 (see my signature) and I wouldn't sell mine for that.
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348
Jody's 69 SS396

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
If the car is exactly what you are looking for in terms of options etc. then I would say it is worth it. Just make sure you go over the car with a fine tooth comb in order to find any hidden problems.

Steve R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.