Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Love it!!! When you make big tenderfoot mistake ... and recover unscathed .. except for the pride factor...

My kids (not really kids they're 29 and 27 but I still call them kids) love having a laugh at dad when old man has a little mishap ...

My son and I just finished pulling the left head replacing a gasket that was leaking/weeping in back ... son left me to finish up after we torqued it down ... I was putting the pushrods back into the head down to the lifters ... and yep I had pre-oiled them and wearing latex gloves .... a-n-n-n-n-n-d what happens??

I drop one down into the motor through the open oil passage ... mega slippery those little buggers ... luckily it stayed in the lifter valley, and son fished it out with magnet wand. But boy until he got out of work and came home I was really sweatin' it .... sheeeeeesh I figured having to pull out and disassemble a motor just to get it out and was really upset at such a stupid mistake .... Normally I put rags into those cavities or intake to avoid that kind of disaster, but didn't this time.

I think I lucked out this time - lesson learned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HA!!! Yep, agree ... dumb and PHEW ... Thank goodness for those magnet wands ... brilliant tool .... I think someone should invent & market SUPER powerful (say 700 hp model) but tiny magnet wand ... say with one of those 'rare earth' magnets on the end of it ... those things are STRONG ... it could suck out the tiniest of particle ... (say one of those tiny tiny 1/8th inch clip pins on eddie carb needle) ... not that I ever lost one of those tho ...... just an idea ... :):) ... older guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts