Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to see my headlights last night..........yes!
unfortunately that was about it, I had headlights and dash lights no horn, wiper or fan. The AMP meter wasn't showing a negative draw either. Currently the Alt is disconnected so I don't know what effect that will have. I'll have the Alt hooked up tonight. Engine is not running.

Any suggestions on places I could start looking? Good places to probe? Ignition switch maybe? I can't visualize this stuff until I get home and take a look at the schematic.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Loose track of who owns which car. The year is always helpful. On the later year cars, check to see if there is 12 volts on the right side of the fuse block. These are the fuses from the ignition switch. The horn sounds like a different issue.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry John I have a 70, you have to excuse me I'm out there some times
but my dash is 72 with a 72 harness that Elree helped me with.

After hooking the Alternator up this weekend I gave her another try and looks like most everything is working

I put together a small list of things that still don't work:

no 12v at heater fuse????

no key warning buzzer???

no dome light???

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you change all the wiring harness' with your SS conversion? I just had a similar problem with my car. The headlights only work on low beam, the marker lights only work on the rear and the alternater doesn't charge. I found that there is a different lighting harness for SS with gauges or without and with or without A/C.
Mine is a '70 convertible SS 454 clone.
Good luck.
Scott

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Scott I think most of it's correct and my high beams are working.

I was just working on the horn and looks like I have an intermittent connection in the steering column harness. I pulled the wheel and had a hard time getting good ohms from the spring contact to the connector. I'm using the 72 and later wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts