Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im kind of out of the loop with some of this stuff ive got a 69 chevelle with a small block i give up its not charging the way it sould almost 12 volts at running speed put the lights on down to 11 even 10 ive replaced the batt the alt and reg. still the same deel i no its not my volt gauge cause my lights are dim so ive had it ive herd a lot about a one wire alt so some body please tell what i have to do and what alt to buy so i can drive my car around thanks for any help jim

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if a one wire is not recommended tell me what to look for its just not charging and all the alt reg and batt are all new. its driving me to drink (and that dont take much)please someone help.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
My preference is a 10SI out of a later 70s car. The last couple I pulled from the junkyard, with a connector, looked almost newly rebuilt. You need the connector. Had Kragen test them for me for free. (I'm in there all the time anyway.) Cost was about $20.00 for the alternator. A couple of wires need to be changed on the harness. Here's the instructions.
http://www.chevelles.com/techref/ftecref14.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts