Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some time ago i read a post about a single wire,wire harness that someone sold and now i cant find the post. does anyone know of this company? also does this allow you to get rid of the old regulator? are there any problems associated with this set up? thanks this is for a 67 chevelle

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I can't recommend one brand over the other. Some guys have used Powermaster but there are others out there. Yes, it will get rid of the external regulator but so will converting the car to a newer internally regulated alternator. One disadvantage is the idiot light won't work on an idiot light car. You will need to add a volt meter to see if it is charging.

·
Registered
335 Posts
John
I have the new internally regulated alternator and my red idiot light does come on and does go out when the car starts.

I was just assuming the charging circuit was working . Does this mean even if the idiot light does come on and goes out that it may not be charging? The car is a 69 chevelle. Sorry I didn't mean to jump in before sheetmetal.

Thanks
Jerry

[This message has been edited by c.c.c (edited 07-05-2002).]

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Idiot light comes on as you start the car. This is to test the idiot light. Idiot light goes out as the car is running. It stays off as long as the engine is going. As long as it is off, the alternator is working unless the light burns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts