Team Chevelle banner

One squirt is all I got!

630 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jethrocf 
#1 ·
OK, having bench bled a master/multiple master cylinders, I install it on the car and I get one squirt out off it and it starts spitting air. What is going on? I have never been more frustrated with a brake job before. Front reservoir is fine, rear one won't pressure up. The master bench bleeds fine, mount on car, spits air.

Help!

#2 ·
Sounds like it could be the "long pushrod syndrome" that you hear about quite often in this forum. If the pushrod is to long, the piston won't go all the way back and you won't get any new fluid to the m/c when you pump. Loosen the nuts that hold the m/c to the firewall (just a couple of turns or so), bleed again with the m/c loose and see what happens.

#3 ·
It appears that with nothing but air in the lines from the master down, it just needed a liitle boost. After pressure bleeding, it shoots a mean stream from the rear fittings. I didn't have this problem on my last Chevelle (both 70's with hold off's), so I didn't think anything special was required. Anyway, I now have brakes. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.