Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for the help for those who replied on my engine build for my 93 suburban it was good help.

i got my 93 roadmaster engine in, new rings, bearings, gaskets all that good stuff in a std bore block and crank , ported '193 heads (just under the valve) new springs and seals, LT1 roller cam (b-body) 191/196 @ .050", confirmed 9.6 to 1 comp. with one of those fancy torque plates to boot under the tbi.

anyways got the engine running last night first hit of the key it took off. felt really good to hit the key and it just works like it should.

anyways no check engine light or nothing, oil pressure at 45 psi cold with 5-30 oil.

no leaks nothing,

now i have no idea how to set timing on this motor, i thought i was to unplug a wire from the dist. cap.

but the instructions on the radiator say one wire from panel box needs disconected do not disconnect the 4 wire plug in one the dist.

so i have no idea which wire to pull. can you help.

this is a 1993 suburban 4x4 350 stock tbi ignition and what not.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
If it's the same as a 95 it's a tan wire under the glove box.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found the wire it was on the firewall behind the panel cover.

the engine is alive and running so much better it was about 8 degrees atdc so i advanced it to 3 degrees btdc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.