Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who are new to chevelle repair/restoration. If and when you get a chance to obtain parts and/or repair manuals
that apply to your car and if you think the cost is reasonable, you need to get them.It will help you immensly(sp) in your quest to do correct install/repair work. A lot of the parts are still available but the catologue is out of print so if you have the part #'s you can still get the part.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Another factor: the readily available reproduction books are good but they are not as good as the originals when it comes to the clarity of the pictures. So..... if you have some good used bookstores in your town check them out first. I would rather pay $20 for a good used original than for a repro.

G

·
JWagner is right, the reprints are usually too late a date to be accurate. Discontinued parts are no longer listed. I got a complete set (1965 print) of illustrations and part number listings from a guy I met who worked in Chev Parts way back when. It's invaluable when searching for NOS parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good advice, but can anyone recommend some of the better repair/restoration manuals for 70 Chevelles. Actually I would be interested in hearing about any quality books old & new.

Great Site, having the ability to tap into this knowledge base has been invaluable.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Not to plug EBAY or anything but, there alway's seem to be a few people auctioning off old dealership part's manual's, I just bought a master part's catalog (original not reprint) for my 70 SS 396. Book dealer's want over $100 for reprint's, I got mine for $50. Check it out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.