Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone that sells old plates. Ohio allows car owners to register period plates for classic cars. I am looking for matching front and back 1968 Ohio plates. The plates need to be in excellent to good condition. Please e-mail me of possible resources. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Look in Hemmings. They always have alot of adds for plates. We have the same thing in Mi. I have a set and bought one for my Bro-in-laws car for XMAS. It looks great to have vintage tags. If you can get access to Hemmings email me and I'll try to look some up for you.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Antique shops seem to be an excellent starting point for finding old plates. We've found some in excellent condition at reasonable prices. Swap meets are another good source and seem to be cheaper than antique shops.

·
Registered
150 Posts
thornbe:
I bumped into a guy at a swap meet last weekend who sells plates. I collect them as well. He told me there was a national club or organization of plate collectors. Give him a call @ 1-507-439-6839. Tell him a guy from the St. Paul swap meet gave you his number. He might have what you are looking for, or can hook you up with a club member/supplier that is in your state.

Scott

·
5,856 Posts
Contact these folks; Robert & Mary Turner,owners of License Plate Sales & Restorations,,they're located in Texas but had a huge,decently priced selection of plates from all 50 states and many foreign countries. Their e-mail address is: [email protected]
Their phone number is (903)572-0309 but they're hard to catch on the phone. E-mail is the best method of contacting them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have some matched sets for Ohio 68 E-mail me with any particular ones I'm northern Ohio and run the year of car plates also have some that start with SS. I won't be able to look for them until proably Sat. at the earlest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.