Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...within 20 seconds! Driving home from a car show in the 'Velle, I'm in the left lane of two as I need to make a left up ahead. An tiny old lady in a new Caddy is in the median waiting to merge into my lane, but there is a Suburban blocking most of her view...and she pulls out anyway! I jam on the brakes and wished my horns were working. Now the left turn lane for the light ahead is another 40' ahead (you can't drive down the median as there is a landscaped divider right before turn lane). I turn into the turn lane, am fully into it and the 'Velle's nose is at her door...and she starts turning into me and I hit the brakes again!! THEN I see her look to the side, she sees me, and brakes and turns back into her lane! Someone behind us must have seen it all because they LEANED on the horn at her!!! She just raises her hand as if to say "Yeah yeah, OK...".:sad: Sheesh!!

Rant off!

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Get a set of these. She'll know your there next time.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, horn repair is on the laundry list of "Things To Do"...maybe sooner, now ;) .

They would have prevented the second near miss, but not the first. If I'd been up the road another 1-1.5 seconds I'd be honking at her from her back seat!:D

I saw the nose of her Caddy around the 'Burb and had the thought "Watch it.". I went from that thought to "Holy $*&@!! BRAKES!! ...NO HORN.:angry: :angry: !"

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
i feel your frustration, today i'm in the carpool lane, merging onto the freeway, a girl cuts me off, i'm scrubbing off speed, to fall behind a truck, she cuts him off and i have to jam the brakes, time the car next to me so i can swerve over to aviod rearending the truck, he sees me swerve and thinks i'm to blame, so of course i get the finger and some rude comments. i could actually feel how red my face was getting.....

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I don't know if it's me but it seems people actually aim at me when I have the Velle out. Lots of close calls. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and they just seem close??

G

·
Screw ALL of them and drive like an OLD MAN, poking along and you won't have ANY worries b/c you will be in the right so their insurance will have to pay!!

pdq67

PS., He, He!!

If I was that worried about it, I would pull out a sawed-off pistol gripped, double barrel 12 and have at it!! BUT my stress level is way too low for that nowadays.. It flat ain't worth it, imho...

He, he!! carefully follow them home instead and flatten all 4 of their tires to get back at them.. He, he!! Just kidding.....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
Super Awesome Guy who rarely logs on
4,994 Posts
Hey Hugh...you definitely have to watch out for them "older folks" around here this time of year...Wanna bet she's a snowbird? :)

It was nice to see you at Pavillions tonight...sorry I coudn't talk longer. BTW, check out the pics on the Yenko site...I think that you'll like the Chevelle at the end of my posts...it's Sam's car!

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/256531/an/0/page/0#256531

Let me know how it goes in Scottsdale. PM me the address of "you know who"... :)

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
...within 20 seconds! Driving home from a car show in the 'Velle, I'm in the left lane of two as I need to make a left up ahead. An tiny old lady in a new Caddy is in the median waiting to merge into my lane, but there is a Suburban blocking most of her view...and she pulls out anyway! I jam on the brakes and wished my horns were working. Now the left turn lane for the light ahead is another 40' ahead (you can't drive down the median as there is a landscaped divider right before turn lane). I turn into the turn lane, am fully into it and the 'Velle's nose is at her door...and she starts turning into me and I hit the brakes again!! THEN I see her look to the side, she sees me, and brakes and turns back into her lane! Someone behind us must have seen it all because they LEANED on the horn at her!!! She just raises her hand as if to say "Yeah yeah, OK...".:sad: Sheesh!!

Rant off!
It was probably my grandmother, she lives in scottsdale and drives like that

if it was , sorry I'll have a tlak with her :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I take my Dad grocery shopping on tuesday because it is seniors day. Not bad in the winter but in the summer it is almost like driving in a demolition derby in the parking lot. In good weather a lot of old people start driving again. I hope I drive a lot better than most I see when I am a senior!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Get a set of these. She'll know your there next time.
Horns like this would probably make her hearing aids explode and she would of crashed into you because of fright. :D

I have to order a JC Whitney catalog the gadgets they have are awesome... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts