Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Appears to be an F-22 and a pair of P-51 Mustangs. I like all of them.

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
It's cool to see all these old war birds over the weekend. I think there was a p38 and a f86 last year. Jim

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I get to see the B-17 "Sentimental Journey" flying over my house all of the time, along with the B-25 "Maid In The Shade". The C-47 "Old Number 30" makes an appearance once in a while, too. Awesome aircraft.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Very cool! Sentimental Journey flew into the local airport a couple years ago. We knew it was coming in, so we were ready with cameras and video. NOTHING sounds as good as a radial engine (except maybe 4 of them)!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Very cool! Sentimental Journey flew into the local airport a couple years ago. We knew it was coming in, so we were ready with cameras and video. NOTHING sounds as good as a radial engine (except maybe 4 of them)!
The V12 Merlin in the P51 sounds pretty sweet also.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Sentimental Journey B-17 over Fountain Hills,AZ in 2005

Attachments

Reactions: Kirk's67SS and p40

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Except maybe 4 Merlins. The Canadian Warplane Heritage has a Lancaster. I see it flying around here occasionally. Last time I saw it was during Remembrance Day. There was a formation of 4 planes going to the veterans hospital.

Always goosebumps.

Daren

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
F86, p38 p51 all out this afternoon. Jim

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
They made some beautiful machines back in the day

My WWII favourite is a Lockheed P-38 Lightning

WWI is the Sopwith Camel

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,330 Posts
Brian, I checked your URLs for your photo. Doesn't seem to be there. I did see one interesting photo there, but it would go in CE, not here. ;)

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Taking digital pictures of 70 year old planes sitting on the trunk of a 50 year old car. Jim

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts