Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Who carries this? Summit? Jegs??

Reactions: 68Cpe307

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Is that what they had on the Red Trans AM in Hopper..............lol.................

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
I wonder if any of the old timers could give us real world reviews of the product. Someone had tobhave used these things jim

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I was a teenager when our Chevelles were new cars, and soaked up all the info I could find. But sure don't remember seeing those things on ANY car back then.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I wonder if any of the old timers could give us real world reviews of the product. Someone had tobhave used these things jim
I don't think they were very common, if you look at what 1968 posted, the price was $5,000. I don't think there were many around, especially on the street.

Steve R

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Who carries this? Summit? Jegs??
American Seed Company. If you sold 10,000 boxes of flower seeds door to door, you could earn one of these and for only 5000 boxes of seed sold, you could get a scaled down version for your bicycle! :D

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
Definitely a great add-on for performance enthusiasts who want good MPG and safe reliable performance. :clonk:

"In 1967, after a few reported incidents and fatalities, the NHRA banned the use of Turbonique turbines for drag racing."

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
You know if someone has one of these setups, someone would install it on a street car just to make a pass. I wonder how one of these would work today with better suspension. Geometry and tire technology. Jim

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
I do remember the magazine ads for them back in the 60s. Sounds like and awesome deal, but I have never seen a real one.

·
Premium Member
11,086 Posts
American Seed Company. If you sold 10,000 boxes of flower seeds door to door, you could earn one of these and for only 5000 boxes of seed sold, you could get a scaled down version for your bicycle! :D
Funny thing here..... When I was a kid, I tore flower seed coupons out of comic books, sent them in and went door to door selling flower seeds. That was in the 1950's though. Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts