Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is a something I originally had in another post about someones car.

This applies to any & ALL other Oklahoma car owners, OR any of you that have a car which is/was from Oklahoma and you're interested in PRIOR owner history... get with it and request this info SOON.

Oklahoma has joined with another state (can't remember which) in a fight to get the Privacy Act declared unconstitution i.e... Federal Government stepping on States rights.

I've watched this VERY closely as I've requested and recieved prior vehicle ownership info for YEARS. I have paid $1.00
per page for this informaion. About a year ago for a short period Oklahoma stopped supplying this information for about 6 months until a Federal Judge for this District issued an opinion that said the Feds can't force this law on a State (HIS ruling ONLY applied to Oklahoma).

The state of Oklahoma has always considered this information "PUBLIC RECORD" and does NOT want the Federal Government to TELL it otherwise!

After the ruling by that judge, Oklahoma started giving out this information again.

DEPENDING on the outcome of the appeal the Federal Government is making, this information will either STILL be available in Oklahoma (& possibly other states, depending on how other states handled this BEFORE the Privacy Act).

OR it becomes UNAVAILABLE EVERYWHERE NATIONWIDE.

for TITLE HISTORY RESEARCH and last know REGISTERED OWNERS of OKLAHOMA cars write to..

OKLAHOMA TAX COMMISION
State of Oklahoma
Research/Corrections
2501 Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73194-0001

I also have ALL other 49 state address' for their respective DMV or MOTOR VEHICLE TAX DEPT. Make a request and I'll post it.

Thanks, Len

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Hey Len,
Are you going to Tulsa?

------------------

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I'm still breathing... just kidding. I'm having knee surgury at the end of July, 'Doc says I'll be up and around in just days... sure hope he knows what he's talking about.

I'm really looking forward to attending. Maybe the summer heat will have made this grass quit growing by then!, it seems that's ALL I've gotten done around here for the 1st half of this year.

PS Dean, the last TITLE REGISTRATION search I did in KANSAS (about a year ago), they were STILL doing it there. The problem is that the new policy THEN was that when you renew either your drivers' licence or car
tag(s), you can check off a box which will let you chose whether you want YOUR information to STILL be "public record". I think Kansas calls it "OP" or "NON-OP" or "OPT" in or "OPT" out, something like that. This probably would prevent their giving out a PREVIOUS owners name and adress.

...I was searching for '66 Belair and Biscayne 2 door sedans at the time, luckily I found out what I wanted to know.

Thanks. Len

[This message has been edited by Len (edited 07-04-99).]

·
Gold Founding Member
63,370 Posts
Len, I had knee surgury a couple of years ago, "piece of cake" one day with a cane, that's all.
Although at first I didn't think it was getting any better and that the surgury was a waste of time but after a couple of months I changed my mind.

From what rumors I hear, in Kansas You can get DMV to do a title search if you are an insurnance company or in law enforcement so you could have a friend do it for you I guess.
I have to admit I haven't kept up on the recent changes in the laws though.

C'ya in Tulsa

------------------
Dean Call
Overland Park KS
Gold member #3
A.C.E.S. # 00235
N.C.O.A. # 4350

macc.chevelles.net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.