Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we did it, my wife and I purchased the 71' Malibu that we have been looking at!
We got it from the 2nd owner and found lots of goodies in the glove box: the Protec-o-plate, original bill of sales, orignial window sticker, owners manual and all receipts and inspection stickers from sept. 1971. Not sure how much all of that that really matters on a 307 Malibu, but its there anyway.
This car is in great shape (52,020 miles) but does need paint. The interior is perfect except for the fact that it is brown, (which is the main reason that we almost did'nt buy it) we could'nt determine what color of paint would go with the brown int. and blk. top. We had even thought about taking the advice that some had suggested here and removing the vinyl top, but, it was brand new and looked great. We actually had decide NOT to buy the car until we came across Bill Taylors Champagne Gold 70' "Bertha" in "Featured Chevelles". Bill, that car is beautiful! I Know Bertha's interior is lighter than brown, but, I think that color will still work on the 71'. Amye will try to say that she told me "Champagne Gold" all along, but she is always trying to take credit when things go right

I'll try to get some pics soon.

Later
Dwayne

------------------
my 68SS & 69 Vette
"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you"

[This message has been edited by New68SS (edited 12-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by New68SS (edited 12-01-2001).]

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dwayne,
I've seen "Bertha" in person, and the pictures don't do the car justice. And I won't even go into what it's like to go from driving a 307 to a 454/4spd.

That's an outstanding color as it really sets the line of the car off, and coupled with a vinyl roof it's a great looking combo!
Good luck with the '71!

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
ACES #4055
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
1970 Chevelle Malibu

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Are you still going to sell it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ejrempel:
Are you still going to sell it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was why we were going to buy the car to start with and will probably still sell it eventually, but for now I think we will just drive it and enjoy.

------------------
my 68SS & 69 Vette
"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you"

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sounds great! I picked up a 1970 Malibu 307 with AC last year and have really enjoyed it for cruising around. Especially since my 72 convertible is down. Mine had protecto-plate and all the receipts since day 1.I always say Im going to sell it but just cant seem to put that for sale sign in it. I had a 72 307 Malibu in college years ago and sold it and have always regretted it. Just eventually drop something else in and keep the 307.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dwayne & Amye,

Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like a great find. 2nd owner, 52K miles, lots of documentation.

Thanks for the comments on Bertha. We like the color combo also... What is the original color of your car? My guess is the color of your interior is called Dark Saddle.

Good Luck with your car and keep us posted on the new paint job...

If you want to see some more pictures of Bertha go to: www.chevelles.com/showroom and scroll down to /LEAVES1 . All of the LEAVES pictures are of Bertha or my Vette.

PS: I like the " disclaimer" on your web site.
"First of all, don't let the cars fool you, my treasure is in Heaven!"

------------------
Bill Taylor
TC Gold Member #73
December 1999 Feature Car
www.chevelles.com/feature/december99.htm
www.chevelles.com/showroom/BillTSS70-2
www.chevelles.com/showroom/leaves2
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/65vette.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Hey Dwayne, Gold with a black vinyl top and brown interior is the exact color combo of my Wife's 72 Monte Carlo. The gold with the black top looks really nice, but the brown interior doesn't do much for it. The original paint on the car was supposed to be brown (so the codes says) and the top was a saddle color. She bought it with the colors as it is now.

------------------
Tom Wood
Gold Member #66
502 Powered '66 SS

Some pictures of my '66 under construction;
My 66 Pictures

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
I think Classic Copper would look great with the black vinyl roof & dark saddle interior.

My brother used to have a '71 Monte Carlo with saddle buckets. It was Sandlewood with a saddle vinyl roof. I was not crazy about that colour combo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like you found a honey!
That's the color...Brown Int.,Blk top,Honey colored paint!(the sweet blossum color)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.